Monday, December 31, 2007

ROOTS/LOVERS/DISCO/DUB - SPRING 2007

This is a mix I made in the spring of this year. It is based on a minidisc I had recorded about two years ago that I thought had a pretty good flow. The first 6 or 7 songs are true to that recording but the latter portion got a rework.

The first bit is pretty rootsy and soulful which gives way to a couple dub and disco versions, some late 70's dancehall jams and ends up with a few of my favorite Wackie's numbers. I threw in some of my own edits and some extra delays as well once it was recorded into Logic. I hope ya dig.

Tracklist
The Congos - Ark of the Covenant
Burning Spear - Ethiopians Live It Out
Junior Dan - Wise Man
Lloyd Charmers - Darker Than Blue (inst)
Cornell Campbell - Won't Be Your Fool Again
Ken Boothe - Set Me Free
Johnny Clarke - Every Knee Shall Bow
Roots Radics - Today Dub
The Heptones - Deceivers
Black Uhuru - Sinsemilla
The Viceroys - Can't Stop Us Now
Super T. - Westbound Train
Junior Delahaye - Love
Horace Andy - Stop the Fuss
Love Joys - All I Can Say

Hear this!

No comments: