Sunday, September 7, 2008

Phase Two

I've decided that in addition to posting DJ mixes here once every few months, I will begin to post records from my collection. I've got a few things that I haven't seen on any of the other blogs that I think are worth sharing. I mean, I'll be listening to them anyway, seems reasonable enough to record them at the same time.

For my rips I'll be using the following set-up:

Technics SL 1200MK2 with Shure M44-7 cartridge -> Technics SA-EX110 receiver/phono preamp -> Presonus Firebox -> Logic Pro 7

I've opted to not use my Vestax mixer unless doing a DJ set because it's phono preamps sound pretty crap compared to the Technics. Depending on how into doing this I get, I may look at upgrading some of the components...but they're getting converted to MP3 anyway so I don't know how much difference it would really make in the end.

I'm looking forward to getting this started!

No comments: