Saturday, April 26, 2008

Record Blog Appreciation

In the last few months since I got my new computer, I have been lurking music blogs pretty much constantly and I am truly amazed at the amount of them dedicated to rare soul, jazz, rock and whatever else. Yes, I am way behind.

These people are doing high quality rips of records that are not cheap or easy to acquire, and posting them for anyone to take. Talk about generous! Some places are more adamant about leaving comments than others, and honestly, it never really occurred to me until one blog in particular made it very clear that it is only polite to at least say thanks. Put in that light, I've since made it part of my download process to pop in and say something, anything...but most times I'm genuinely thrilled to be getting what is being offered so it ain't no chore to say something nice.

Anyway, I was just marvelling at the wealth of music I've downloaded courtesy of these blogs and wanted to make a post to say:

Thank you! All your work is truly appreciated!

No comments: